Classroom Structure (Norms)
- I run a Pseudo-flipped classroom. What I mean by this, is that students are responsible for watching video lessons on vocabulary and example problems. Student will then use class time to work through problems and gain expertise.
- Homework will either take the form of taking video notes or completing additional practice problem sets.
- At least one Dan Meyer's 3 Act Math Activity will be provide per unit to encourage independent problem solving skills through real world applications.
- Students should utilize this website to prepare for assessments by watching/re-watching video lessons and doing extra practice problems.
- One retake is allowed per quiz up until the unit test or project.
- No retakes are tests, projects, or mid-terms.
Upcoming Changes: I am hoping to change to a standards based grading system in the next few years.