Classroom Structure (Norms)
- At AHS, we run flipped classrooms. What we mean by this, is that students are responsible for watching video lessons on vocabulary and example problems. Student will then use class time to work through problems and gain expertise.
- Homework will either take the form of taking video notes or completing additional practice problem sets.
- At least one Dan Meyer's 3 Act Math Activity will be provide per unit to encourage independent problem solving skills through real world applications.
- Students should utilize this website to prepare for assessments by watching/re-watching video lessons and doing extra practice problems.
- One retake is allowed per quiz up until the unit test or project.
- No retakes are tests, projects, or mid-terms.
Upcoming Changes: I am hoping to change to a standards based grading system in the next few years.