The Incredible Shrinking Dollar
- If Dan shrinks the dollar nine times like this, how big will it be? Will you still be able to see it?
- Guess how large it will be by drawing on your dollar diagram.
- Give a guess you know is too big.
- Give a guess you know is too small.
- What information would help solve this problem?
- How many times would you have to copy the bill before it became invisible?
- If you wanted to expand this bill back up to normal size with exactly one copy, what percentage would Dan have to set on the copier?
- You could turn a US dollar coin (26.5 mm diameter) into the size of a dime (17.91 mm diameter) by copying it four times at 90%. Give two other ways you could do the exact same thing.